Thanks to everyone that was able to come to the Engagement Party last night! It was AMAZING, but not to rival what is about to happen tonight!
UPDATES on Shuttle Service:
- There is SHUTTLE Service from the Hotels in Brooklyn to the venue in Manhattan. The shuttle is a school bus (how cute, right? I'm a principal, so it's perfect!) that will pick up at the Holiday Inn Brooklyn at 4:15pm. It will then go to the Union Hotel at around 4:30pm and to the venue in time for the ceremony.
- There will also be service BACK to the Hotels tonight. The bus will run back to the hotels starting at 9:30pm, and will be back to get guests that want to stay a little later at 10:30ish pm. The DJ will help us to keep you all posted.
Only a few more hours!! Can't wait!!
Nov. 4th -
Hey all - We are happy to report that while our wedding will be impacted by Sandy, we are fortunate to be safe and sound in the aftermath. A few updates re: Sandy:
That is all for now. If you need information, please check out this site, direct other people here, and check out our TWITTER feed. :) To subscribe to our Tweets by text, message "follow @liquidwafflegir" to 404-04
Jill will also make an effort to keep updates posted on this site and on FaceBook. (Yes, Jill USING her FB account... who thought we'd see the day?)
We look forward to seeing everyone in just a few short days!
-Jill and Scott
July 29th -
Wedding Registry - Scott and I registered on amazon.com! Yay. Go us.
Simply go to http://www.amazon.com/registry/wedding/116YVX4L4DQCQ
(or if that doesn't work, you can log in to Amazon, click on "wishlists" then on "wedding registry" and look up either Jill Glassbrook or Scott Wilson.
June 29th -
- HOTELS: Check out the tab under "Visiting NYC" that's called "Hotels"
- - we have a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn in the Boerum Hill neighborhood in Brooklyn.
- - there is another hotel with good prices walkable to the hotel mentioned above; we don;t have a block reserved, but the link to go online and book is on the "hotels" tab.
- - Please do not plan to stay in Jersey. It might be a little cheaper, and might LOOK closer, but we assure you, it is not the best option.
- - You do not need to stay in Manhattan to make travel easy. Please remember that it is probably not worth the premium.
June 21st -
- PICTURES: We added a few engagement photos, and a link to see more! Just click on the "Engagement Photos" Link on this tab!
- HOTELS: we are working on getting a block of rooms for our guests. Right now, we are planning for guests to stay in Brooklyn, about 4 blocks from our future home. (Scott and I are moving on July 1 to the Boerum Hill neighborhood in Brooklyn.) If you are in a rush to book a hotel room, please feel free to do so, but if you can hold out a week or so, we will have more information and we will post it here.
- The hotels that we are planning for our guests to stay at are:
- Union Hotel
- The holiday Inn
- Prices for this area for our wedding dates are running from $129-$179. The hotels are blocks to a subway that is just a few stops to the site of our wedding, and reception. If you are interested in staying closer to the site of the wedding, I can recommend hotels that we have called/ e-mailed/ harassed, but prices will be $269-$359.
- PARKING: There is a parking ramp near the hotels that we are planning to book. It does cost something, and when I know what that cost is, I will make sure to post that too.