We have a block of rooms:
Holiday Inn Express - Brooklyn
625 Union Street
Brooklyn, NY 11215
You have to call (718)797-1133 and use the booking code "JSW" to get the Group Reservation rate for your room, and to be placed in the block reserved for the wedding. You can check out the hotel at the website below, but unfortunately to get the rate you have to call. http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/brooklyn/bxyln/hoteldetail
- For a room with a King Bed: $169
- For a room with 2 double beds: $179
- There is parking available for $24/night.
- Rooms at this rate must be booked by October 9, 2012.
Note: This hotel is located 7 blocks from our new apartment. We would LOVE for you to stay in this neighborhood, so you can get an idea of how we live our lives. Although it is not right next to the venue for our wedding and reception, it is a quick trip on the subway, or an inexpensive cab ride.
We do not have a block here, but you can book online:
Union Hotel - Brooklyn
- Right now rooms online are starting at $129 and $149/ night (they're pretty small, but great for sleeping, I'm sure.)
- There is no parking ramp on site, but there is one a few blocks away for about the same cost as at the Holiday Inn
- There is a strict policy at the Union that there can only be 2 guests/room
Note: This hotel is located 5 blocks from our new apartment. This is a great deal; just make sure that if you do book here, you let us know because we do not have a block of rooms, so we will want to know where you are staying.
A note about looking for hotels:
- Please do not plan to stay in New Jersey. Although it may look and sound more convenient/ cost effective, we strongly think that this is not the case. Travel can be confusing, difficult, and expensive. The areas in Jersey that are completely safe to stay in are about the same cost as staying in Brooklyn.
- It would be cool to stay in Manhattan, but please look for a deal on Groupon or something if you are going to stay there. It is WAY too expensive otherwise.